Wednesday, November 07, 2007

maybe i'll just stay on the couch

so last night i started week 4 of the couch to 5k running program. it consisted of 5 min warm up walk, 3 min run, 90 sec walk, 5 min run, 2.5 min walk, then repeat. running for 5 min just about did me in. sad huh. the last time i ran i think i was in high school where they make the girls run the mile. the boys were always playing badminton or something else gay like that. anyway, if i follow this program for 9 weeks i am supposed to be able to run a 5k. yeah right.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

someone told me about that once and I didn't even make it off the couch far enough to realize how difficult it is to run for 5 minutes! But if you want to do it together . . . maybe I could get motivated. Although my knees really hate it when I run. I did however make a great playlist for working out . . . it just doesn't get used too often.

michele said...

you should do it with me! it might keep me motivated to finish. there is a podcast that goes along with the program that tells you when to run/walk. share your playlist, i'm always looking for good working out music.

mickey said...

that sounds like the plan i read once. i'd love to do it with you, it's just doing my walking routine is about all my 6 month pregnant body can handle.

mickey said...

I'd like to run the Susan G. Komen next May, do you want to do it with me??? There is plenty of time to train.

mickey said...

I'd like to run the Susan G. Komen next May, do you want to do it with me??? There is plenty of time to train.

Unknown said...

hey, we should all do this and then we can encourage each other. I'll post my work-out playlist sometime this weekend.

lizzie said...

who do you include in "we" alyssa? i hope not me...i hate running. but i am proud of all of you!