Sunday, November 18, 2007

circle the wagons

dan has been into cooking with dutch ovens. recently we have made apple crisp, cinnamon pull aparts, pizza and more tasty goodies. tonight we made dinner for dan's family. we made moussaka, a meat and potato casserole thing, and another dish with tomatoes and feta cheese. i even made homemade bread. yep in the dutch oven. it turned out great. dan's brother then made a triple chocolate cake that was delicious. mmm. we figure we are preparing for an emergency when we don't have electricity to cook.

anyone want to join our wagon train on the mass exodus walk back to missouri sometime in the near future?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wasn't there a girl in our seminary class who moved back to Missouri with her family because the end was near or whatever?

Oh, and are we having our annual Christmas get together at your place with dutch oven food? My vote is YES! I really can't cook with a dutch oven here. I don't think my building would take kindly to me burying a dutch oven in coals on the roof.

Rob said...

Thanks for the meal, it was fantastic. The bread was amazing. So the word on the street is exodous to Missouri in 2012. I was thinking about buying some real estate out there now and in 5 years I'll make a bundle.

lizzie said...

we will join you on i-70!