Tuesday, November 11, 2008

catch-up

so i know i've been a blogger slacker lately...so here's a quick recap of the last few months.

september:

dan and i did the summit triathlon. they gave me a 3rd place medal, then changed their minds and i ended up with 5th place. at least i got a picture of myself with the medal before it was stripped from me.

i also did the timp tri club swim across deer creek. it was about a 2 mile swim (round trip) across the lake and back.


we went to logan for our annual tradition of the demolition derby. we also stopped in brigham city for peaches. i think this was annie's 4th demolition derby. yeah, we're pretty white trash.


dan had a birthday, and i made him this awesome cake. i had seen pictures of maisy's that she made for xander's b-day, and i thought it would be appropriate for dan since his birthday is on national talk like a pirate day.
i sprained my ankle while running in the dark. it was sprained pretty badly, and i skinned up my knee pretty good too. this was a few days after.

we went up to midway to emily (dan's sister) and nate's cabin house where they reside on the weekends. they made some yummy tacos. we went on a walk, and the leaves were beautiful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you Michele!
(in real life as well as virtually)

mickey said...

i miss you too. we really should get together. i loved so much about this post, dan cake to start with. and the one of your family at the end, you all look great. it amazes me that everyone's families are growing, so fast i must add.

wanna have a holiday party? i do.

p.s. i really do wanna run with you this may if it works out. i am working on my speed.

my town has a k5 mapped out for it's annual 5k race during the fall festival. i like to follow the arrows even though i am alone.

do you have any good running songs?

we reall need to chat, i'm gonna go now and let you go too!

blair and maisy said...

Woah, I haven't checked your blog in a while. I didn't know you made the cake- that's awesome. It looked great! Sorry about those jerks taking back the 3rd place medal.