Thursday, November 20, 2008

can you feel the temperature drop?

i play the flute in the wasatch winds symphony, a community band here in utah county. as i was walking out of rehearsal to my car tonight one of the other flute players was just leaving and rolled down her window and enthusiastically tells me "you're awesome", she then continued with "your presence exudes coolness." i was taken back a little bit with this compliment, but then recovered and stuttered something real cool like "hey thanks" or something like that. i mean, i like to think i'm cool, but it's always nice to have some reassurance from the outside. i won't let it go to my head though because i do realize that is was a compliment from a fellow band geek.

if anyone wants to get in the holiday spirit in early december come to the christmas concert.

wasatch winds symphonic band
"a holiday spectacular"
monday, december 8, 2008
7:30 p.m.
american fork high school

4 comments:

mickey said...

michele you and i will always have a kindredness between us~flutes in the dressing rooms. you are super cool!

i'd love to come to your concert, do you think they'd let me do a guest solo of "get along little doggie?"

p.s. i'm sorry i just realized the link i had for your blog on my site was gone, you're re-added. i missed you, sorry.

Unknown said...

you have always exuded coolness Michele. Always have, always will. That is why we are life partners. Of course, anything I say is probably tempered by the fact that I am also a band nerd. . .

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will be "Spectacular". Rob and I wouldn't miss it.

blair and maisy said...

Good luck with the concert. Then afterward you can rock out to Guitar Hero, oh yeah.