Monday, September 13, 2010

sent to the office

I had to pick up Annie from the office at school today.

On my way out the door to pick her up at school at the regular time, I got a call from the school saying that it was early out day, and that Annie was sitting in the office.

When I walked in, the secretary said "are you here to pick up a kindergartner?" I said "Yes" as I looked and saw a row of forgotten kindergartners sitting, waiting for their unfit parents to come retrieve them.

At least I wasn't the only one who forgot their kid. I looked at the row of kindergartners, and picked out the cutest one to take home. Luckily it was my kid.

Sorry Annie. I'll try to remember next Monday.

5 comments:

mickey said...

michele you are the cutest mom ever! i bet annie knew it right when you walked in to get her. when do you wnat to come over? natalie asked to play with eva everyday.

Alyssa said...

I agree with Mickey - you are the cutest.

Alyssa said...

oh, and I would like you to come over and play with me too :)

Stephen, Erica, Kalli, Ziek, Sky, Luke, Eliza said...

I did the SAME thing today to my cute little kindergartner! And saw the same row of sad little kinder kiddos in the office by the time I ran inside. My five year old didn't even bat an eye at the whole incident because she well knows what a space cadet her mom is.

blair and maisy said...

You kill me Michele.